(1) Original location shoot call sheets and daily production progress reports.
- Star Wars Productions Ltd.
- First-line primary source documentation for specific filming activity.
(2) Lucas, George. The Adventures of Luke Starkiller as taken from the “Journal of the Whills” (Saga I) Star Wars.
- Revised fourth draft (shooting script / 15 March 1976).
- Revisions/original contributions by Gloria Katz and Willard Huyck.
- Shooting script contains scene numbers.
(3) Rinzler, J. W. The Making of Star Wars: The Definitive Story Behind the Original Film. (Del Rey, 2007).
- Monumental work in the “making of” genre. Relies heavily on detailed scene-by-scene production information to frame key aspects of the comprehensive historical narrative.
- Complete with specific dates and scene numbers.
(4) Hearn, Marcus. The Cinema of George Lucas. (Abrams Books, 2005).
- Shooting schedule outline (pp. 116-119).
- Only select scenes annotated for each production day.