Episode I: scenes/sequences production sources
(1) Lucas, George. Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace, Illustrated Screenplay. (Del Rey, 1999).
- Mirrors the revised third draft (6 June 1997), issued one week prior to the fourth draft (shooting script / 13 June 1997). Shooting script is not readily available.All drafts share the same title: Star Wars Episode One “The Beginning”.
- Screenplay does not contain scene numbers.
(2) Bouzereau, Laurent & Duncan, Jody. Star Wars: The Making of Episode I, The Phantom Menace. (Del Rey, 1999).
- First official Star Wars franchise “making of” book.
- No scene numbers provided. Select dates used as guideposts to shape the overarching historical narrative.
(3) Hearn, Marcus. The Cinema of George Lucas. (Abrams Books, 2005).
- Shooting schedule outline (pp. 210-213).
- Only select scenes annotated for each production day.
Note: Galaxy Tours invites collaboration with individuals with access to Episode I primary source location shoot documentation (call sheets, progress reports, etc.) in order to solidify the accuracy of scene titles, scene numbers, and filming dates. Some of the specific details outlined in this section represent precise estimates that require verification.